Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A Dark Morning On The Perch

I am hoping I have self directed myself to correcting to once again being able to add photos to this blog.  I think I need to add google chrome. 




This morning dark and early I was outside on the porch.  I heard a sound.  I walked over to the corner of the porch (get the picture here, it is dark and I do not want to turned the flashlight on because the moose could be visiting).  I slowly walk over to the corner of the porch and yikers - something hits my head.  My heart starts racing; I take big steps to get to the door and then realize I have hit my head on the crane.  The handmade crane my neighbor made for us.  I snickered to myself and then went to sit for a peaceful moment on my perch.



Peace, does not last for long.  I see a shadow coming down the path.  Good lord, my heart has not recovered from the last fright and now another is coming.  I stand up from my perch thinking I may have to raced on into the house to awake my noisemaker.  I await.  It is the cat from up the road.  I yell on out, get out of here - it is way to early for birds.  It is near 5:00 a.m. 


I finished up my coffee and cigarette, my heart is calm now (lol).  I come back into the house and walk quietly down to the computer room.  I hear a voice saying...everything okay outside.  I reply - everything is cool, everything is okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...