Sunday, March 8, 2009

Progress Last 24 Hours ~

My husband has made excellent progress in the last 24 hours. He was able to get up and walk 3 times, eat some ice chunks, and have a bath. Perhaps later this afternoon they are going to remove him from the step down unit into a permanent ward. Today, when I spoke with the nurse from the step down unit she said; would you like to speak with him - I said sure. Gary and I were able to have a few words. Gary wanted to know how I was doing building fires, snow shovelling, and keeping the heathens at bay. I did not want to elevate his blood pressure so I just told him, I am doing my best, everything was ok.

And, that is what it is - just ok. I am on the curve of learning as Gary is the fire builder. I do shovel much snow and I really should be out there doing it but I would rather be here.

All my Prine friends had a great time in Milwaukee. They bring a big smile to my face, reading their posts. You can read them at www.jpshrine.org . It is such a John Prine family we have, I am so very glad to have found them. It is very heart warming to have such treasures - of course, like the man himself, John Prine.

6 comments:

  1. Really good to hear Gary is doing so well - at this rate he'll be back home with you in no time! Just hang in there - the shoveling season is near over and the fish should be jumping soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, JPP - I had no idea this was giong on with you and Gary. So very glad to hear he is doing well. Don't worry, he'll be home soon. I hear you on the snow...we just got 8 inches here in NE Wisconsin this afternoon. Keeping you and Gary in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, apologies...I meant to seek edit and sent delete.

    I wanted to extend my thank to skunkeye and Amy for the thoughts and well wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess I cannot edit comments.

    It is A Big Prine Thanks to skunkeye and Amy!

    Hope I Got It Right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got it right! I love your description of the fox and playing with the dogs. I imagine what your mountain looks like and now you are braless in those visions!! Don't worry about the things that go bump in the night. All is well.

    ReplyDelete

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...