Friday, March 6, 2009

John Prine Milwaukee - Gary's Progress - My Driving Skills

I was able to speak with Gary this morning. The kind nurse at the hospital patched me through. Gary was able to stand on his own and take a few steps. I was so thankful to hear of that. I told Gary all the little steps are going to add up and before you know it you will be back home. Gary can worry unnecessarily most of the time - he starts talking how he did not think he would be able to chop wood. I replied, no problem I'll do it!

In that regard, everything will work out.

My major step of the day was to drive. I made it down to the general store and back in one piece. I did not go in the ditch but god almighty was I nervous. I thought I could well end up in the hospital with Gary as my heart was pounding, my back muscles were in knots - but I made it! I made it! In speaking with Gary I told him my driving winter skills have improved 100% - yep, Gary I made it to the general store and back. I think Gary was in somewhat disbelief.

So, progress has been made twofold.

My Prine friends should be nearing Milwaukee. What a concert it is going to be. They will be in my thoughts and around 8:00 p.m. (my time) I shall sport my new John Prine Prinzee thing, insert a beverage and toast our Johnny and all the John Prine Family (they're golden).

1 comment:

  1. Hey JPP, can't you just saddle up a moose and take that to the grocery store?

    ReplyDelete

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...