Monday, March 9, 2009

Update, Upbeat!

At my scheduled time to call the hospital, I did. I spoke with the nurse in charge, Gary is progressing, doing well, and very positive. She went on to say that Gary has been a fabulous patient, does everything he is told to do. I hesitated in the conversation - the nurse replied - happens to us all the time. The wives are in disbelief. It was uplifting to hear the news (although it did not place me in the range of bra wearing). The nurse then patched me through to speak with Gary. Honestly, I was not speaking with the same man I did yesterday. He was upbeat, very positive - wondered how all was doing on the home front. Hopefully, today Gary's doctor will pay him a visit - they do not work Friday, Saturday or Sunday. If the doctor is in agreement with the head nurses' recommendation, Gary will be moved to a regular ward.

I heard noises in the night, I awoke with a blast at 3:30 but was too frighten to be moving around. I checked the outside {peeked through the curtain} - nothing. Checked the inside, nothing. My fire had died but I was too afraid to make fire, so I turned on the secondary - baseboard heat. At 4:30 a.m. I made new fire and it went well. At first light, I went to shovel snow and bring in more wood to the stack.

The foxes came to visit, their fur is beautiful. Two dogs paid a visit also - one was full of it - played and jumped in the snow. His pal was nudging me, kind of herding me. I thought of the dog we once had. I sat in the snow, petted my dog buddy, sang a song, and told him about my best buddy. I had to pay them a pet as I was cold - I had to go inside to warm.

I received two telephone calls from neighbors up the road, wondering how was Gary and how was I. Very heart warming.

My Prine friends are now coming down from their own mountain top, all still in a glow of the concert held in Milwaukee last Friday. It is a treasure to read all their posts. How special it is when friends on-line actually get to meet one another. Hell, if I was to do that - I would dawn a bra and get on Oprah! Not really as I do not par-take in Oprah nor have inbreastments in any bra factory.

Prine Friend - Amy C. ~ thank you for your comment, much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...