Thursday, January 16, 2014

High Hopes. . .

I am rather at a loss as I can no longer post pictures.  I will babble on - and hope for the best.  Honestly, I cannot see folks coming on up here when there are no pictures.  I need pictures.  I have tried, numerous times to upload my photos...I get the round ball, that goes from blue to yellow, green, and red.  I do not know if I should be updating something, downloading something or perhaps just do a - ling a- ling ling.


Bruce has a new cd out - High Hopes...good grief, I was able to catch two lines on the radio last night...but Bruce - it kind of sounds like Spare Parts.  Granted, I have not heard the entire song/album, so I will give Bruce - the benefit of my doubts.


As for Neil and his tar sands, Alberta project.  Fort McMurray is not what I would even call hell on earth.  I cannot see hell, I cannot see earth.  A major part of my mind and heart looks at the economy.  My soul, my mind, and my heart looks at the environment.  What major oil companies have done - the government of Alberta, the government of Canada is a shame.  The Canadian resources are being shipped to China. 


My Dad worked in constructing the unit, of the tar sands in Alberta.  My Noisemaker, worked up there.  They did not see the stripping and raping of the land like the pictures/photos we are seeing today. 


I understand folks make big money in northern Alberta - but I shutter when I think the government of the day treats folks native to this country and continues to line their silk pockets.  The suits of the politicians are not fit for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...