Wednesday, May 16, 2012

APG ~ The Mountain Side

Geez, I have not posted here for two days and it feels like a week.  I have been struck down with a near uplifting experience - the APG - I have the All Prine Glow.  I will carry it with me; wherever I go.

The mountain side is buzzing with all the lady bees preparing for our annual bake sale, I have near baked myself silly.  It is all for a good cause and I have a date with the kitchen either tomorrow or Friday.  So far, I have 8 dozen cookies baked.  I have two Honey Nut Breakfast Loaves to make and should I feel the need to carry on, I will.  The funds generated from the bake sale assist the fire department in our immediate area.  The fire people are not paid, they are volunteers and without them, I do not think this community would still be on the map - oh but wait, it is not on that map.  lol  - you gotta trust me on that one.

The fire season is upon us - I took to the notion to remove some dead grasses that I have grown a big hate for.  Here is a story no one should miss.  For days I have been out there on my hands and knees scraping the dead grass, making piles hoping soon my Noisemaker will take on 'I need to have an outdoor fire today'.  The other day, he says - I should burn today...  you have grass?  Oh, I have grass from here and beyond - get the wheel barrow.  He does, I proceed to start loading in.  I am about on my third load in and the wheel barrow topples, the grass has flown near to Mars.  I had many curse words, but re-grouped and proceeded.  I finished that load and told Noisemaker, I have had enough.  I am tired.

Today I loaded the last two piles - there will be many more piles through out the summer, but two a day is all I will do.

The bears are out of hibernation - I never leave the home without my keys to the van now - geez, they are big black bears...hmmm...they kind of scare me.

Last night just before darkness I went to visit the porch and saw my neighbor walking, I waved, we joined up in idle chatsville.  As we were lip flappin' suddenly Kevin grabs my wrist and says something is there, (my word, I am thinking cougar - and it is not Donna or she would be singing Prine).  I step towards Kevin and look - we laugh.  It is a female duck.  She is very friendly, like Donna is.  She quacks - we talk back.  She flutters - and a brillant wave of feathers rise up.  She is ready for mating.  Oh Kevin, we best leave - I said.  She must be waiting for her mate to arrive.  

We leave, Kevin wanders down the road and I wandered they other way.  I think to myself as I come upon the beautiful view of Lydia.  I walked over and said - my beautiful Lydia ~ I do not believe Donald will come and visit this year, I have made you too strong.  I hugged her and said, I love you - goodnight...  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...