Thursday, May 17, 2012

John Prine - Remembering Vancouver

Today, I am sitting here remembering John Prine, Vancouver.  I am listening to Saddle In The Rain from the cd, In Person and On Stage.  When I was at the concert I walked up to the stage for picture taking time.  Unfortunately, or fortunately, I hit the incorrect button and sported out a video of a small part of Paradise.  It is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time.  It is so me, full of excitement.  I am somewhat focused when I begin, but the handclapping starts so I let go of the camera so I can clap (good thing I have a neck strap).  Then you see floor, I remember my camera, my camera...I focus it up again and realize at that point I am on video.  I start hand clappin' again and you see floor.  I am laughing so hard here, my stomach is starting to hurt.  I wish I could send it along to you folks, I have tried.  Because I am on this (many curse words) dial up, it continually times out on me. 

I was remembering too when we walked to the concert; my word there were so many people.  Way too many for a lady from the mountain side, but it was Prine night.  Brett went first, then Janis, and then me.  We had to move with the crowd, Janis turns to me and says...don't get lost, Bev...I replied, it is okay, I am hanging on to your bag.  She had her Play One For Crusher bag.  Good lord, I was hanging on for dear life. 

It was such a fun weekend, a memory I will keep forever. 

Thanks and hugs to Brett and Janis Ferguson.

Thank you John Prine, Jason Wilber, and very special thanks to David Jacques. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...