Friday, February 10, 2012

The Moon, The Moose, and A Peaceful Moment

Holy smucksville, it has been a stressful couple of days here on the mountain side.  I trust with the full moon over, things will get back to normal. 

Noisemaker near went to Mars on the full moon night.  Noisemaker may have been humming up the song...and oh my stars, my Linda goes to Mars - John Prine.

The animals on the mountain side went crazy too.  My word, the two moose came back - oh my lord - they nearly sent me skyward.  I was doing my path walk around 8:30 a.m. (really not paying much attention to my surroundings - bad, bad thing to do), smoking my cigarette, kicking snow, and humming a tune.  I turned to look up the roadway and low and behold there is this huge moose standing about 15' away from me.  I took off running back to the house.  Opened the door - yelled that big moose is back.  Noisemaker, came out to see and when we go out there - there are two of them.  Holy Smucksville.

I did not go far from the house that day.  In the evening I went outside to have my nightly cigarette.  I thought to myself - I will be safe from the moose if I just stay on the porch.  It is peaceful then, suddenly I hear all this noise - the moose is back only this time it is much closer to me.  Good grief, my heart is near skipping a beat just typing this.  I put my cigarette out as quickly as possible.  Went in and told Noisemaker - that big brute is back.  He went on his own to look at it.  When he came back in he said it is 700 - 800 lbs.  We went to watch him through the window.  The moose crossed over to near where the computer room is - I said to Noisemaker - oh my, he will not bash the house will he?  Noisemaker laughed; the moose moved on, and I returned to the porch to finally have a peaceful moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...