Monday, February 13, 2012

A Day Of The Past. . .

Yesterday, I was recalling my days spent working at the pulp mill.  The mill was a pulp and paper mill located in northern British Columbia.  I had worked there for near 15 years - yeppers they stole my youth and beauty!

One of the gals I worked with - Gail, she was a gem.  Her and I lived near each other so we traded driving to the mill, one week her and her big El Camino, next week me and my small pick up truck.  When Gail drove she always had a six pack of beer located behind the seat.  We'd get off work, walk to the Big El, hop in, pop-she would pop a can of beer and off we would go, driving home. 

The pulp mill instituted a bus service, we opted for that.  One day when I went to pick up Gail to walk to the bus stop, she was not well.  I figured perhaps she had too much to drink the night before - ah, Gail liked the beer.  The bus arrived and Gail could not make it up the steps of the bus.  I told her let me go first and hang onto my shoulders.  We made it; when we got to the mill she stayed close to me to walk in.  I settled in her desk went and got her a coffee.  Went to tell another friend to come and babysit her as I could not be away from my desk for too long.  For about two hours my friend and I traded the babysitting duties.  Gail said she needed to use the washroom facilities, I thought to myself on my, we have to go down two flights of stairs, I take her - she stays very close to me - she cannot see anything she says.  We get to the washroom, she looks in the mirror and says to me - Bev, I have my left contact in my right eye and my right contact in my left eye.  We laughed so hard we both had to pee.

I have not any news of John Prine.  I do have news of the animal life on the mountain side.  No moose today, the porch was very peaceful.  I did stroll to do my path walking and came across an otter.  Oh, so cute they are.  He was fishing.

I must mentioned, too how thankful I am for the telephone.  Telephone not only gives me a chance to lip flap it also does the internet here.  I hate dial up but that is all I can afford/receive here.  Yesterday, I took the opportunity to call up some Prine friends of mine.  It was just so nice; to hear theirs voices, their giggling laughter and have great conversation.  A treasure they are.  I love my Prine friends.

Oh my, here I said I had nothing to write about John Prine - funny how that goes, I can always managed to write about John Prine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...