Friday, November 25, 2011

Suncatchers

My suncatchers - ah, they are so cheery!

Not a great picture as I am up against a yellow wall, but you should be able to receive the general jist of it all.  I make these, several of them; they are made out of old cds/dvds.  I also make Prine ones.  They are the letter 'P' and in small stick on letters the word Prine is.  I give those to my Prine friends.

Oh my, I just came in from the porch.  It is windy and dark out there this morning.  I take a lil bit of a flashlight with me in case I hear some noise to which I cannot identify.  Usually that noise is a four legged creature stirring.  This morning I heard great noises out there.  Good lord, the Plow Boys are coming down the road.  Smucksville, I do not like shovelling snow.  I try to make the most of it by singing.  I like to sing Paradise and another one of my favorites is Nine Pound Hammer (John Prine - Sweet Revenge).  I change the words to suit my condition - hence, this Nine Pound Shovel is a little too heavy, buddy for my size, buddy for my size...

Now 10 to 1 you folks will have that song stuck in your brain today.  I'll be singing with you as come first light, I'll be out the shovelling and singing - singing and shovelling.

1 comment:

  1. Nine pound shovel...a little too heavy?...lol! For your size...a 9 ounce shovel would be a little too heavy, buddy for your size!

    ReplyDelete

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...