Monday, October 24, 2011

The Singing Postman Did Not Deliver Today

teehee, I do not have a Singing Postman to deliver the mail.  It is a lady and she does not sing Prine.  However, she does know of him, thanks to yours truly. 

Yesterday afternoon I received a telephone call from a retired letter carrier - no, it was not John Prine - it was my brother, Wesley.  Oh my, we had such a nice conversation - it was really heart warming for me.  We yapped endlessly about John Prine.  Wesley actually had people on his route that called him The Singing Mailman.  Yeppers, he sang Prine.  Wesley commented on how he had much in common with John Prine.  I laughed and replied - well eh, if you had millions :) would you share with me!

Wesley and I made a deal that when John Prine comes to Vancouver again, he would take the Greyhound - I would leap off from the mountain side - meet up with him and travel south Greyhounding to Vancouver.  I told Wesley, you know what - we would wait out back after the show, I would take you in to meet John, I would take a picture.  *paradise wavin*  I find the words so exciting.  Actually, the first time I saw John Prine was with my brother, Wesley.  I think it was May 1978.  John's wife, at the time was Anne  - they sat the row in front of us - they - meaning - that big tall brother of his and some other folks. I spoke with the tall one,  I asked him what was on his leg, it was a backstage pass.  Geez, too bad I was not as bold as I am today.  I should have leached on to him - leaped right on up to that tall guy and told him - take me back stage!

So, John Prine this is directed to you - please come to Vancouver, British Columbia.  Let the retired postman and his sister do Prineville - together - once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...