Sunday, October 23, 2011

Each year our community holds a fall dinner - it is a major event for the folks that live on the mountain side.  I could not attend this year because I have my step son visiting.  Yes, I could have bought a ticket for him, Noisemaker, and I to attend but I felt time would be better spent visiting with him than flapping my lips at the dinner :)

The dinner menu is roast beef, mashed potatoes, gravy, several vegetable dishes, buns, pickles, and of course, dessert.

This is my contribution - a carrot cake. 

The leaves and sprinkles - well, thank you my Winnipeg Friend - Janis Ferguson.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your comment, Skunkeye. The cake was a hit - only four pieces left. Unfortunately, the leaves got tossed to the garbage can. I should have been there to protect them ;)

    ReplyDelete

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...