Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Singing Mailman Delivers


My driving postal delivery person, delivered The Singing Mailman Delivers today.  She said to me, you have goodies delivered today, I knew it was going to be John Prine.  We chatted, she left on her route, I opened the postal box.  I saw the hand writtened, padded envelope - oh my - OhBoy!  I yelled out, I GOT JOHN PRINE TODAY!  I had other envelopes and mail to deal with so I shoved them in my pockets and got to work with the pressing issue at hand, John Prine.

I opened the envelope right there at the mailbox, talking to myself - ohboy, ohboy, it is my John Prine Day - oh Johnny, oh Johnny. 

...then, I heard a voice - who are you talking to?  It was the lunatic next door Chris.  I packed my envelopes and started to run back home - I did replied - I am talking to no one.  I have my cleats on now, I can run fast.  I raced down the driveway, Prineing all the way...oh what fun - it is my Prine Day today!

I opened the door to home and yelled out, I got my parcel.  I am so excited, the t-shirt will fit perfect - I looked at the mailman.  I, am again, reminded of my brother - our Prine time.  It is wonderful feeling.

With some fluttering and  paradise wavin' - I do managed to get myself together.  I sit to listen to
 the Singing MAILMAN Delivers. 

I am impressed - how could I not be.  I have followed John Prine for many years. 

Songs that took me - Angel From Montgomery was the first.  I like how John's voice is lessened on the 'an' of angel - and heavy on the 'gel'. 

Dogs, are the biggest fright to a mailman - a postman - a letter carrier.  Yep, right next to the corporation they work for :)  Remember folks it is not dogs that frighten up letter carriers - it is the people that own them.  There is no greater love than the love of a dog, the love a dog is unconditional. 

Hank Williams - Hey Good Lookin/Jambalaya - these two songs are have always rang true to me.  We sang them with I was a young girl.  To hear John Prine sing them, well - it is near tear time for me.  Paradise ~ John Prine 

I am glad that the wife of John Prine, Fiona does make him do household chores.  According to the notes of John Prine - "by the way, I found these tapes because my wife Fiona made me clean out our garage the last time we moved!

Thank you, Fiona and John Prine.  Also the first wife of John Prine, Anne. 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...