Friday, October 28, 2011

No, It is not potatoes!


It is a small orange cake, decorated/piped butter cream (Duncan Hines) icing. 

It is difficult to bake for Noisemaker and I - I have taken to baking - like me - small portions! 

I was concern about the icing - how tub icing would stand up and last as compared to making ones' own buttercream icing. 

This morning, I tried - EGADS.  I did not have a piping bag so I thought I would use a baggie.  Do Not ever try that.  The bag broke - I had icing near all over the kitchen.  I transfered the icing (what was left)  to a ziplock bag; much better.

As best as my wrists will work, I piped, The result was good, Duncan Hines worked, I am impressed.  I actually wrote to Duncan Hines and asked the question - would the icing stand up and last once it has been piped.  They said yes, and I agree.

Not many times do I or would I have a recommendation for a product, for this I do recommend, it is a good product. oh teehee - it is like John Prine!  Good lord, I bet he never thought he would rank right up there with Duncan Hines Buttercream Icing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...