Sunday, August 14, 2011

I Met Joe Paradise

My new friend, Joe Paradise - the woodman.

Such a delightful day it has been, I finally got to meet Joe Paradise.  He brought us enough wood to last us through the long, long winter.  I spent four hours this morning stacking, endless stacking.  I do take regular rest periods, smucksville stacking is hard work.  On one of my breaks today, this lil bit of a John Prine song came wavin' into my brain.  I laughed and changed the words around to:
...so gather 'round me all my wood stacking peers,
I'm gonna tell ya a story about Beverlee - the wood stacking years.
Then, I giggled as I am now!
Mr. Paradise showed up about six hours later.  I raced right down and said Hello, Joe Paradise - thank you for bringing me such good wood.  We chatted about wood - I was more interested in talking Prine, but I had to be polite.  Ah, here comes my chance, Joe, I said - do you know a folk singer by the name of John Prine?  He says, the name sounds familiar, but no - can't say I have.  I said, Joe he wrote two songs about you - one called Paradise and the other called Safety Joe but, Joe do not worry, I will get these for you.  I will call you and you can come back and pick them up.  Idle chatter happens and then Joe tells me the greatest - he has a Harley!  I tell you, I near went into flutter overtime.  Oh Joe, I said, you are on my bucket list - I have always wanted to ride on a Harley - what kind of Harley do you have?  Do you think you could give me a ride, I'll make you Prine, I can bake.  Smucksville, I was so excited.  Joe tells me he has a 2009 Softtail.  If my memory serves me (not sure it will), but I think Crusher had a softtail - can anyone confirm?
After Noisemaker and I complete the wood stacking and I get the cds arranged for Joe Paradise, I'm going to call him up.  He will come over with his harley and a helmet and take me for a ride.  Geez and smucksville, I feel the Crusher looking in on me, big time.  I explained to Joe, we do not have to go fast or far, Joe laughed.  He laughed quite a bit at me, a good hearty laugh we shared.  Joe never expected to be delivering wood to a home, find out he is on a bucket list, and be introduced to John Prine! 
Can you believe it, soon I will be going to ride on a Harley, now the question - what is the correct Prine song to have in my mind.  I think Lake Marie.  I have the Bruce song - Gypsy Biker - I will throw Heart of Gold in there by Neil - you know between John and Bruce.
Crusher, we will be riding safe.  Thank you for looking in on me - much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...