Friday, August 12, 2011

Rodeo Candles

Here is a photo of the Rodeo Candles.  I make them using unwanted and abused fence posts.  I cut up the fence posts to 8 or so inches.  Drill a hole to the size of a tea light for the top.  A farrier brings me horseshoes which he receives from a ranch down the road.  I clean the horseshoes with a solution of vinegar and water, then spray varnish.  Attach with twine the shoe to the fence post base.  These are not finished, as yet.  The bottom of the candle base I place rope around.  I have to have Noisemaker do up the lacing on the rope (so it does not fray).  Viola!  A Rodeo Candle.

Joe Paradise, he could not make it over on Tuesday - we was busy and behind.  He arrives here tomorrow morning.  I laughed when I spoke with him; I wanted to talk John Prine; I'm thinking Safety Joe and Paradise.  I will wait with my Prine lip flappin' until tomorrow. 

Noisemaker and I have had a very difficult, trying week on the mountain side.  However, it will pass - trying times always do.  It is the good we must remember and treasure.

Oh yes, and some of Prine friends will be Bayfielding soon.  Prine in Bayfield, Wisconsin.  Unfortunately, I was not able to send them their supply of depends.  Things just got away or behind on me.  Such a fine, Prine delight they will have.  I get to much excitement and find myself all in a Prine flutter thinking about them.  I hope they will be able to meet John Prine.  Some have had the pleasure of meeting John Prine, Jason Wilber, and David Jacques previously - some have not.  I am hoping the ones that have not; have the pleasure this time in Bayfield!  ah heck, I should advise/educate them up, you know I have experience in the field - geez, did I tell ya?

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...