Friday, May 13, 2011

Had To Change The Title

Early this morning I received word that a good friend of mine died in a fire on Wednesday. I do not have any details, not sure I want to know - I know the trailer exploded. The fire reignited two times. The fireman were able to get one body out but could not get the other body out until the next morning. It is sad. Ron has three children, two boys and one girl (ages 20 - 25), he and his wife, Cathy were separated. I had know Ron for about 40 years. He was kind and thoughtful towards me. Until we meet again, Ron - thank you for being my friend.

On a lighter note, Lydia is having problems. I do not know if Donald was scouting the area or what but Lydia became a tilt. She near fell over, her jeans are all ripped up. I went out to repair her and oh my god. I lifted up her pant leg to shim up the pole; I had to remove a few rocks to get some room for my shims. Good lord, there was a million worms down there. I threw down everything and ran. I cannot take worms. Yikers.

I went about an hour later and fixed her up. The worms had departed from that area. So Lydia is shimmed up and waiting Donald.

The doe that has been coming around to visit stayed awhile yesterday. She has got much character about her. I'm thinking of calling her Julie after Julie Andrews in the Sound of Music. Everytime I see deer, I think of that song - doe, a deer, a female deer; ray - a drop of golden sun...lalalala. Yesterday Julie was out back, grazing, and then she rested a bit. She rose from her rest and had a pee - good lord, I thought that doe was making us another creek! Holy peesville! Julie then came to the other side of the house, kitchen side. She came right up to the window and looked at Noisemaker, sort of nodded as if to say Hello In There. Julie continue grazing and came upon the bird feeder. My word, that deer stuck her head right in the feeder and started licking up bird seed. Ode to life with the animals on the mountain side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...