Thursday, May 12, 2011

As mentioned, previously we have a female deer coming to visit us. I believe she has taken a liking to us, she seems to feel very much at home. I must give her a name. Yesterday, she was here near all day, grazing. I have never seen in my life a deer, pee. Good lord, I thought she was making another creek, pee just kept on coming - after that she rested.

About twenty minutes of rest, she started to graze again. She came near to the house, about two feet from the kitchen window. In the pines located about five feet from the kitchen window we have a bird feeder. The feeder is about six feet or so up from the ground. This crazy deer goes to the feeder sticks her head in there and starts licking up the bird seed.

Noisemaker goes to the kitchen window and the deer comes right to the window, looks at Noisemaker as if to say - Hello In There. I, then, came to the window and started to lip flap with the deer. She knows my voice well, I sing much Prine to her. She enjoys it. Ode to life on the mountain side.

Oh yes, I near forgot - I was out on the porch this morning (Noisemaker had gone for his daily walk, I visited the porch for a peaceful cigarette) ~ all was calm. A memory hit my brain, oh my. I sat there and giggled and giggled, and then giggled some more. The memory was that of Animals, Animals Out. I do not know if any of you folks played this recess game in elementary school, I played it all the time. For those who do not know of it, there are 8 squares - each square is a category, first square - animals; second square - colors; I think the third square was names...and it continues. To start the game you double leap on Animals and say Animals, Animals - ...continue to square two and say an animal name, i.e. dog, dog - then, move to second square with a new animal name. You continue around the squares and hopefully you can think of animal names. When completed you move to Colors and continue on.

I hope you have the picture in your mind and perhaps you have even enjoyed the pleasures of elementary game activity.

When Noisemaker came home from his walk, I said to him I had this great recollection when you were gone of a game I played in elementary school. Oh my, his eyes rolled, he shook his head, and said Bev, now what would that be? I leaped up and said, I will show you - and started to do Animals, Animals, out. He went in the house. I sat outside and giggle just like I am giggling right now.

The best things in life today, Animals, Laughter, John Prine and just a hint of the Noisemaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...