Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Yesterday

Yesterday, we had to travel to the city because Noisemaker had an appointment at the hospital. Nothing serious - he had to have his lungs checked out to see if any damaged had been done from 40 plus years of cigarette smoking. He has not received the 'official' results but the doctor in charge thought his lungs, although somewhat damaged were not in that bad of shape. Ode to Noisemaker. We were late in getting started and we had to hit Wally World prior to the appointment. I know some folks detest Wally World. Personally, because I am on a restricted budget, I love Walmart. I utilized coupons and I was able to ace several bargains. Geez, I even sang a few Prine tunes (although somewhat altered in words). Take A Look At My Heart - John Prine ~ take a look at Walmart (skunkeyejan). *major giggle, holding my stomach* Ode to Walmart. After Wally World and the hospital appointment we headed to McDonalds - as we always do. We only go to the city about twice a year. We purchased a couple of quarter pounders with cheese - we split a large fry and a cola drink. Within 5 minutes of eating. my Noisemaker did not feel so well. He tells me, Bev - my blood pressure is rising, I can feel it. I replied, well - let us just sit a spell. When he felt comfortable enough to drive (it is a 1 1/2 hour drive back home - smucksville), we left. When we arrived home, we had to make several trips to unload. Generally, Noisemaker unloads and I scramble to make everything fit in. I could see my Noisemaker was tired and spent. After all was unloaded he sat to check the blood pressure. Smucksville, it is orbiting out of control. He knew he best rest and that he did. As mentioned previously we only get the city about twice a year and I would like to think that eating at the arches of golden would not be that bad. However, I think next trip - we will be visiting Boston Pizza! Boston Royale - oh my - I can taste it. As an added note here; prior to the schedule appointment at the hospital for Noisemaker to check his lungs - he had to visit the local doctor. When the doctor explained about the lung test, I replied - well - doc - hells/bells Noisemakers' lungs won't be great, because he does not sing Prine, he doesn't sing at all. If you want to have strong lungs - you have to sing - and preferably Prine! As my Dad always said - if you sing on earth ~ you'll sing in heaven. * * My Dad had no religion, some Prine, and an eighth grade education. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...