Sunday, April 10, 2011

Lip Flappin' Time It Was

I had such a nice visit with my seasonal neighbors yesterday, I miss lip flappin' time. Our seasonal neighbors live about 350 south, but visit on a regular basis when the white stuff is not flying. I checked in on their place everytime I am out walking, just to be sure everything is as what it was when they departed. To thank me for this, they brought me a gift. Oh so special, easter cookie cutters - a bunny, a tulip, and a butterfly - along with candied sprinkles. I love gifts and I love to bake! On the mountain side, we are having our annual bake sale next month. All of my cookie cutters will be utilized. Did you know you can utilize your cookie cutters with rice krispee squares? ah, the list for the uses for cookie cutters are endless. My seasonal neighbors are having a problem with his father, he lives here. Problem being he has opted to live the life style of less than not even a pig. To hear the words he spoke of his father living far from human well, it just is beyond my realm. I cannot imagine to live a place you call home, yet you cannot clean it, tidy it. Smucksville. When my Mom was strickened with dementia; she could not keep up with her regular housecleaning routine - and, oh - how that hurt her. I remember one time, I took her around her kitchen in her wheel chair and we wiped down the fridge, the stove, the dishwasher (not my Dad - the dishwasher, the appliance :). She loved it! I will never understand how a human being can live in a so called home and not take care of it. But then, Some Humans Ain't Human - Some People ain't kind. . . John Prine I spoke with my Aunty today, she is human and she is kind - so thoughtful. Aunty is nearing 85 years old. I hope to visit with her this summer - her telephone call was near frantic because she does not cook (how would she feed me), she does not have an extra bed (where would you sleep, I am getting you a hotel room - I want to see you, visit with you - but only on my terms)...ok, I said Aunty - reign in the deer - all will be well - and then we giggled! More people should giggle - my next post - will make you giggled. If it does not - well, you ain't human ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...