Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Wildlife

Generally, I awake in the wee hours of the morning. I make my coffee, and proceed outside to sit in peace. A few mornings I have heard a foreign noise outside. It is dark, I cannot see anything, but I hear it. Scares me lifeless, I think something is going to jump on to porch. This morning, I heard the noises again. I quickly ditched my cigarette and came back into the house. About half an hour after that Noisemaker awoke and of course, he is clank banging around; making all kinds of noise - like he always does ;) I told him I heard those noises again and that I can't see anything because it is dark. I went back to the computer room and about 30 minutes later decided to go porch side. Suddenly, I hear those noises again, good grief, I see this animal coming towards the porch, I ran back into the house. Noisemaker was at the window and I, of course, was in panic mode. It was a coyote! The coyote was being chased by our Spring, the fox - it is his territory and he was guarding it. Be gone with you Mr. Coyote. I never mentioned to folks around here; especially to my fine neighbor, Chris that I see the wildlife in full beauty because several folks take to want to shoot at them. I cannot tolerate that. If you could see the animals in winter, trying just to survive - to get food and water - well, you let them have first place - you step aside. ...I saw a sign - said, the animals have the right-of-way... Wildlife - Paul McCartney/Wings

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...