Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Fine Day, Indeed

Yesterday, Noisemaker and I trotted on into the village - Noisemaker needed to have his prescriptions refilled. What do you think we forgot - sure enough - the prescriptions! Today, Noisemaker had to trot back in and get his pills so he can continue to live!

Oh, it is a great day indeed. I have John Prine playing in the computer. . .now I got a heart that burns with a fever... Delightful, nothing much finer than sittin' here on my own, in peace ~ listening to John Prine.

When you think of it; John Prine has given his fans so much ~ so many words that ring true. Songs that we cry to, laugh to, and want somebody to hug to.

Next to Paradise, my favorite song is now playing - Storm Windows. Some folks on the mountain side put up their storm windows some months back. Don't ya just the way John pronounces 'windows' - I love that!

The CD I am listening to - I do not where I got it from - one day it just appeared in my mailbox - teehee. I hear voices other than John Prine and those other two handsome gentlemen. I can hear the noises of automobiles outside and I can hear sweet music here. Don't let your baby down...oh no...(do them 3 chords, John).

Those other voices - sounds like a big burly guy and some little woman ;)

Angel From Montgomery - now playing - Jason is excellent on this song (and many others). I had to crank up the sound. Since I reside in rodeo land I should have me a cowboy - hahaha! In my dreams.

Funny, how you can grab the nearest item that would resemble a microphone - a beer can works excellent! Cow scissors do too! Oh here is that song - the honeybee song. Long Monday. Actually, it is a short Wednesday. hmmm..sounds like the little lady just coughed.

Does this not near bring a tear to my eye...I hear John say - Crusher - are you here yet - reply bounds in...Hi John. John says - this is for you (yell from the back - go Crusher)...John speaks - you brought you fan club too (I hear the little lady laugh). The song is My Mexican Home, one of Tom Reynolds favorites.

Milwaukee here I come from Nashville, Tennessee - you gotta love Iris!

I have to change discs now; go to Paradise. I join John and Billy in a fine chorus of Paradise. As my Dad would tell me - sing, Bev, sing.

I have been been told, I sing very well - I should. I have been doing it for years.

*paradise wave* (double)





No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...