Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Bittersweet

I find this day bittersweet. Today my Mom would have turned 88. Noisemakers' Dad would have turned 100. Yesterday, my stepson turn 43! I have a few days left, whereby I am closing in on the same age as my height! Too boot with that, I have long since passed my bust size. Lord have mercy on my soul.

On the happy side of life, I recall a night I spent entertaining my Mom and my Auntie Annie. I played them John Prine. My Aunt listened to the words, she cried - hell - everyone cried. The song was Hello In There ~ John Prine.

To which we all have memories, to me ~ they all warm my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...