Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Celebration, Indeed

Smucksville, I have so much to write today, I should be wearing my John Prine hat - Old Prine Fans Never Die - they just go to Paradise (where Tom Reynolds is now). I need the hat to keep all my thoughts in my brain.

A Celebration weekend is near upon us. In Canada, we celebrate Thanksgiving and I do have much to be thankful for. Thankful for the friends I have, thankful for a body, a soul and a heart that still beats. Sometimes, it goes to flutter stage but that is only when I meet John Prine, see photos of Bruce Springsteen and a few other minor situations.

We have lots of seasonal folks coming to the mountain side to celebrate Thanksgiving. That constitutes a big baking day tomorrow. I have Honey Pecan Breakfasts loaves to make and 24 cupcakes. The cupcakes, I have fancy, decorative sugars to put on the icing. (Thank you, Naj).

The big celebration is the birthday of John Prine. October 10, 2010. 10-10-10. Hopefully, all will toast (big time) to Mr. Prine. On special Prine days, I wear my John Prine t-shirt. On really special days like Sunday, I will wear my new socks. I love new socks. When I went to see John Prine in Vancouver last October - yep - I had new socks. I wore my Prine t-shirt, my Prine pendant (Thank you, Charlene). Good grief, I even had black panties on that had a little 'J' label on them. Oh lord, I must focus or go and get my hat!

Oh yes, Naj - that is Janis Ferguson (skunkeyejan). I experienced some difficulty with email and got her and Jason Wilber mixed up. Her name got changed to Naj (Jan backwards).

We went to the village yesterday, we bought lots of groceries to fill up the deep freeze and the pantry. I should never let Noisemaker loose in a grocery store, alone. He comes back with two turkeys - oh, the good lad was just thinking ahead. One of the turkeys he purchased comes not far from where Naj lives. I bet you that will be the finest - best tasting turkey!

I am looking forward to celebrating Thanksgiving and John Prine's 64th birthday - such happy events. Heck I was porch side this morning singing Happy Birthday. That was my dog's favorite song. He'd sing along with me. That brings such a smile to my face; such warm, loving thoughts of my four legged friend.

My lips will be flappin' this weekend and I did not want to miss the celebration blog for our Johnny. So ~ Cheers, John Prine, Cheers! Reminds me of the labels from Crown Royal that I had made up. Cheers - John Prine (that is what I put on the label). I think Chad thought the world of the labels as he is a whiskey drinker. I sent a label to Naj - it came back to me in the form of a flask - John Prine stickered! I placed it in my John Prine treasure box; *she does the paradise wave* at the Prine boxes - that sit atop the desk.

John Prine - he is a treasure. As are all my John Prine friends. I am so thankful for them, I so very much appreciate each and every one of them. They all have gold inside of them - they have hearts of gold!

Happy Birthday John Prine
Happy Birthday to you
I'm laughing like hell
Because I'm younger than you

Cheers!

Photo Credit - Reeda Buresh
from the John Prine Tribute - Madison, Wisconsin

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...