Sunday, October 3, 2010

ah, Sunday

Another beautiful autumn day here; the leaves are falling fast. I walked down to the 'development' today. The development is located less than a block away from our abode. Quite the development it is. The land is around 5 acres located on the lake and prior to this new development it was a Ma and Pa resort operation. The new owners are making it into somewhat a gated community. 14 homes - all two story - 500 square feet each level.

I know I cannot prevent development; especially here. What really gets me riled up is the developer/contractor has no concern for the enviroment. No concern to recycle any of the wood. They had some beautiful old fence posts, I could have used them to make my rodeo candles. I am going down there tomorrow to speak with them. Perhaps, the contractor will grant me permission to go in and remove wood that I think I can do something with. In all honesty, I'd like to take a piece of wood and slap him over the side of the head. However...

On a lighter note - a week from today is the 64th birthday of John Prine. 1946 he was born - the same year as my noisemaker and George Bush. Too bad my noisemaker could not make the same noise as John Prine or George Bush - hell, we would not be sitting here on the mountain side.

My noisemaker is hoping he will be alive to celebrate his 65th birthday. At that time, he will receive his pension from the government. Lord, I hope he lives that long - he does too!

We live on such a limited budget, but it is not that we need alot. I do the coupon thing; I find ways to make a dollar stretch. The most important thing; we do not have payments. What we have is ours; it is paid for. We call it home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...