Friday, October 8, 2010

More Celebrations, On A Sadder Note

John Lennon, had he not been slain would be 70 years old tomorrow. Imagine that!

I am reminded of his death; he was murdered on my birthday. December 8th; a Monday night. Monday night, back then, I bowled. Us young ladies always went for a beer after bowling. Although it was my birthday, I opted to be homeward bound. When I arrived, my answering machine was in overload. Everyone was calling to relay to me the death of John Lennon.

I loved the writing of John Lennon. He certainly grab the attention of the government of the USA.

Good on you, John.

I will always remember you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...