Sunday, June 27, 2010

Look What Came To Visit Me!

Smucksville, A Bear! Great Mother of God, I panicked.

This morning started out no different than any other morning. I made coffee and went out to sit on the chair on the porch, it is very peaceful at 5 a.m. No Noisemaker.

While I am sitting looking over the creek towards the pond, I noticed this black thing...first I thought, geez that is a big dog and what the hell is it doing over there...then the animal raised on up. Yikers, I knew I was looking at a big, huge, bear. My first reaction was to run and then I thought eh, there is water between us and the door to the home is only steps away from me. So I stood there watching it. It was fishing and doing a mighty good job of it.

We will probably have quite a few bears around this summer as we have millions and million of berries. I will have to aware when I go outside, it is bear time.

Later, Noisemaker and I walked to the creek (I wasn't going down there by myself). There are so many wildflowers here, they are all so pretty. Wild Columbine, Wild Gerainium, Daisies Galore, Indian Paintbrushes, Lupins. There are two kinds of Wild Columbine - the pink and white ~ and the yellow and red. They are so delicate and beautiful.

Meatloaf for supper tonight - geez, I make a darn good meatloaf. I made lots, come on over and have some!

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...