Monday, May 31, 2010

Janis, Jason, & Jesus - What Have I Done

eh, just too funny. This morning, noisemaker and I decided to burn off at the pit. We have mega, mega deadwood but we also have a fire ban. I wanted to walk up and get the mail so noisemaker said he would attend the fire.

Oh my, I got the mail and there were THREE notices of parcels to be picked up. Lordy, I get so excited when I receive parcels. I came back home and asked noisemaker to continue pit watch while I go to tend to thank yous' for the folks that sent me parcels.

Now, parcels - I have to travel about 35 miles to the post office when the parcels do not fit in the box, but that is ok - we work the travel out when we make a trip into the village. I called to the post office because I have to know who sent me parcels. Audrey, she is a happy-go-lucky lady and she gave me the list.

There was a roll up (that was from OhBoy - it is the poster), another parcel from my brother, and the last parcel is from Janis (skunkeyejan). I proceeded to email the folks (with the exception of OhBoy) and tell them the parcel is received at the post office and we will pick up on Friday.

For the email message to skunkeye, well. . . she is preparing for an adventure - she is very busy. I told her she best tend to the laundry, get the clothes folded, get suppers done, tend to the kids...only thing was I sent the message to Jason Wilber! Janis/Jason - yep - they are very close on the contact list.

When I realized what I had done, I returned email to Jason and said - Pardon Me, that message was not meant for you...Best Regards...

Then, I wrote to Janis and explain oh my, I sent a post to Jason instead of you. Too funny - this will keep me laughing for a day or two.

When I had a moment I went and change the contact information for Janis to a nickname I have for her. Naj - that is Jan spelled backwards. She is now located in "N". She stands alone. Fear not Jason, I will not again tell you to get the laundry done, get suppers complete for the week, fear not!

Some folks would find this embarassing, I do not. I am human, I make mistakes. I get things rollin' in my mind, it just overloads. Well, actually - it doesn't really overload, it mixes very well together. Just like some John Prine songs do. I have those new verses of Long Monday and Saddle In The Rain blending very well. I can go from Late John Garfield Blues into a song by T-Rex.

Thank god noisemaker is tending the fire; I would not want that to blend in with anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...