Sunday, May 30, 2010

Blossoms

Wild Lupins. I include the dandilion as it does serve to remembrance of my Mom.

Just prior to her death, she was hospitalized in Vancouver, at that time we lived in a suburb of Vancouver. I spent many days with her, I'd take the train in. There was not much that the doctors could do. She was failing.

On the last visit to the hospital, she told me she saw her Mom/sisters. The names she gave, well - they all had passed years ago. I knew she would be joining them soon. She had seen the dead.

I asked her to tell me, what did you do with your sisters - your Mom. She proceeded to tell me how they picked dandilions. She laughed and said we (her sisters) picked bouquets of dandilions for our Mom, (my Baba).

I miss you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...