Thursday, April 29, 2010

Mothers' Day


Geez, I almost forgot Mothers' Day is nearing. I loved, so much my Mom. I can still smell the scent of her lipstick. She wore bright red, she passed away, with pretty pink. Her lipstick was always placed in the same spot, on the right side of the bathroom sink.


My Mom loved Tender Tootsies, those flip flop things - like in the picture. She did not flip/flop like a politician does. She had strength, she was stable. Mom grew up on a farm, worked her butt off. She met my Father on a blind date, wedded bliss - a small civil ceremony at the city hall.


In remembering Mothers' Day, well - that is sort of/kind of our anniversary, the noisemaker and I. 25 years. Good Grief!


When I left my hometown to move with noisemaker, I purchased for my Mom a huge bouquet of fresh flowers. I went to the flower shop and asked if they could included this in the bouquet. It was a small lady friendly screwdriver. Mom always wanted one of those for her purse. The bouquet was beautiful, about ten days after she called me up and said, Bev - I found the screwdriver...only you would do something like that!


I love you always, Mom - I miss you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...