Saturday, April 10, 2010

...another day in Paradise...

Spring has arrived on the mountain side. The birds are flocking in and I think I shall now proclaim I have a bird sanctuary. I must get a name - any ideas - all would be welcomed.

Tons of birds have came to visit. Chickadees, Flickers, a variety of Woodpeckers, geese, ducks, and eagles - no doves. Good Lord - I fear if I ever saw a dove here, I would fall off my perch.

We had a blizzard fly through here about four days ago or so; power on/power off. Snow and big wind, trees were down on power lines (made the hydro boys very busy). Nothing riles up my blood pressure more than having no power. Oh teehee, that is not true - noisemaker can rile up my blood pressure with all his cursing and his attitude of negative.

I have been trying to type with both hands, oh lord - the left fingers hurt bad, but I do keep trying....type then rest, type then rest. My left wrist looks like it has be shattered, it looks close to the side of being deformed. The bump that a person has on the outside of the wrist, oooohhwheeww, I got a big one now! I told noisemaker; I think I am developing a new breast on my wrist - lookee here. Gotta keep on the sunny side.

The right wrist also has a lump; sometimes it hurts more than the left. The doctors will not be dealing with it until the left shows signs of full recovery. I think that means they must want me to spark up on the left. Maybe I should revolt or perhaps (in my calm, natural way), just raise my left arm up and make a fist.

We are flocking off the mountain side to the city on Tuesday. I have to have some bone test done due to the breakage/shattering of the wrist. It is a money making opportunity for the doctors and for Costco. Noisemaker he loves Costco. I am not a shopper. I do up a list and I stick to it. There is none of this going down each aisle and 'oh look at this' and 'oh, I need this'. It is my preference to get in and get out as fast as I can move my feet. After Costco we move to the Walmart (take a look at Walmart). By this time, all I can think of is french fries and a quarter pounder at the golden arches. Oh lord, I could taste that junk food.

After all that junk food and shopping, we make a 2 1/2 hour drive back home. There is no cd player in our vehicle - which is kind of good. Noisemaker and I would have words...I want John Prine...he would want Abba.

...what do you want to be when you grow up...jesus said god...oh my god - what have I got myself into...I am only 5' tall, 90 lbs, and my crime is none.
Costco is going to kill me Mama, I'm your rosebud
But noisemaker goes down every aisle, not a step of quick
Them corporations love him and he isn't even rich...

1 comment:

  1. Your rewrite of The Missing Years cracked me right up - TOO FUNNY - just way too funny! :)

    ReplyDelete

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...