Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Mashed Potatoes, Driving, and of course, John Prine

Yesterday, was a fine day indeed. I managed to peel potatoes - god, it was thrilling. Oh lordy, then to eat them with butter a-melting - oh, it was near heaven to me.

It was noted yesterday that John Prine is releasing a new cd - In Person & On Stage. Geez, I thought my heart was going to be still. I regained and tried to focus knowing full well with my pounding heart it'll probably never stop as long as Neil, Bruce, and John keep playing their fine music.

You can download 'She Is My Everything' for free. See http://www.jpshrine.org/ and follow the linky links. I was up bright and early trying to accomplish this feat today. Do you know what it is like trying to download on dial up. It may as well be called dialdown. I sat for two hours waiting for it to complete and I do not sit well. I finally gave up at 83 % and 2 1/2 hours. I shall try another day or await til purchase. I have to purchase that new I (Heart) Johnny t-shirt also, so I will call up Music Fans Direct (that will be a delight day). See http://www.musicfansdirect.com

Last but not least, my goal this week was to drive the van. I have not driven for months due to this (many curse words) left wrist. Today, I ventured on the roadway. Well, actually - first I have to get out of the driveway...a big turn I have to make. Something snapped up my arm, I was near to give up and pack it in but thought get to the dirt road, go girly girl. Off I went, another corner is coming up, I slow the vehicle down and try my best. It did not go all that well, the turn that is. I drove down the dirt road primarily utilizing the right hand. I love to drive and listen to the radio - eh, oh on come the Beatles singing 'Come Together'. No John Prine, Neil Young, or Bruce Springsteen but good just the same. I sang my way back home. I was pleased with myself and next week I may attempt to venture to the general store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...