Tuesday, December 15, 2009

So Sad, Smucksville

Good grief, Noisemaker and I were watching the Waltons (we always watch the Waltons), when we heard a thug...a thug like a blast from a shotgun. I raced to the window only to find feathers, a bird had hit the window full force. I cannot deal with such. Noisemaker ran outside, the bird had already passed, it was a grouse. Its' mate was in a frenzy.

After all was said and done, I went outside - the mate was still there. I spoke to him/her and told you must go on your way now. It flew.

Peace. It is nature and it is mighty sad.

1 comment:

  1. Gee wiz JPP and Noisemaker, hope you baked that grouse up good! No damage to the window? The mate of that bird may just be finding another warm bunch of feathers. At least the free ranging cows didn't come through yer window!

    I could use another warm bunch of feathers myself! But its like grouse for me, gotta hit the thickest part of the woods and they don't show themselves till you least expect 'em!

    RS... a challenged hunter!

    ReplyDelete

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...