Thursday, December 31, 2009

Get Well Soon, SkunkeyeJan

One of my followers, SkunkeyeJan has been strickened by a bad, bad infection. Viral menigitus (could be spelled incorrectly). Janis is in hospital now, hopefully progressing each day. I knew from her daily emails she was running her tank on empty, maybe she was just running on fumes.

I had not received any emails from her and began to wonder what, now, had gone wrong. I had decided that if I had no word, I would call the next day. That night around 7 p.m. the telephone rang. I answered, it is a mans' voice...saying his name...skunkeye's husband. Good grief, when all that registered on my brain, I did think the worse. Not to be, thank god. She'll return home soon and now must take steps to learn not to skate on thin ice. Rest when rest is required.

Poppies are her favorite flower. Janis these poppies are for you.

Get Well Soon.

2 comments:

  1. You are a talented florist! I always look for someone or something to pray for at night's end. Sure will be our friend Skunkeye Jan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thank you for the poppies - I didn't think I'd be seeing any of those again until spring!

    And RS - thank you for your prayers.

    You guys just blow me away. You put big fat smiles on my face! xx oo

    ReplyDelete

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...