Wednesday, October 28, 2009

POA - Power Outage Alert

We have been alerted that our lil bit of a thing we call home has been placed on a power outage alert. Generally, when this happens - all hell can and does break. Trees snap and can hit you on the head when you are walking. There is no water, no toilet, because everything runs on electricity. There are no eveready batteries to make the toilet work; only the radio. Apparently, the cause of this is because we are to receive a major wind storm they claim will last up to 72 hours. Sh*t if it does, I will be uplifted to some yet higher place. Lord - I can barely compete with the mountain side let alone being uplifted like some cross your heart bra.

I am only trying to make light of a bad situation, it is not fun when this happens. Although, noisemaker and I do have a generator, the situation is tough. We spring into action when the power goes out like some fast forwarding tulips. Noisemaker runs for the generator, I run for the electrical cords. I then telephone the electrical company before the telephone lines are no longer. You can be doing all this in -20 below. I call to the elder folks down the road, telling them we are here - ok are you - what do you need - are your prescriptions filled?

Then, in a blink of an eye - the fine neighbor - Chris will come stumbling down the roadway like he is a trampled tulip - explaining the power is out. duhding, duhding. Rawhide!

Away from preparing for this so called power outage, I continue to Prine. I have slapped the photo of John Prine and I on every message, every forum I belong to. It is much appreciated and also much appreciated to me - I did not dream in my life on the mountain side that anyone would even care ... seems they do.

Thank you!
Best Prine Wishes to you and yours!

3 comments:

  1. Maybe a fallen branch will take the place of a flung 2x4 and send them free ranging cows off into the non-noisemaker property!

    And maybe since your toilets aren't flushing, you could send a pie in their direction for a change!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm back on Blogspot. It's winter almost and I'm settled in to the comfort of home. Summer relationship has cooled and that OK by me. Need a peanut butter girl and not a fancy, schmancy champagne for lunch lady. Oh, I have to keep on trying! RS... always a work in progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do not you go a fretting on me, young man. Your peanut butter girl is out there and she is waiting for you. Have Prine faith, it'll happen. You only have a 148 more days to go by until you see Prine at the Ryman. Now, is that not something to look forward to! You bet it is!

    ReplyDelete

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...