Thursday, October 29, 2009

Snow Warning/Wind Warning/Power Outage Warning

How many warnings can one get - we have a snow warning today - solid 8" out there. The power outage warning is still in place along with the wind warning. I was outside shovelling the white stuff and it just keeps on coming. I still think I am going to drown in it! I had to take a break from it all and plodded on back to the house. Something came very close to my head, it was a duck! It landed right at my feet, I sat down to speak with it. I told Mrs. Duck you better head south, this is no place for you - she quacked at me. She kept quacking, I kept yapping - then Mr. Duck comes forth. They are both at my feet quacking away; I keep telling them you have to fly south, I cannot give you any food - you have to go now - then I started singing to them...ah, baby we gotta go now. They did not budge, they seem to be enjoying my John Prine.

The snow was blowing, the ducks were quacking. I was paying more attention to all the activities than that of where I had my snow shovel, I took a step and boom down I went, my boot caught the blade of the snowshovel - I cursed. Mr. and Mrs. Duck flew away and left me laying in a bed of the white stuff. I gathered myself, my snowshovel and came into the house. I told noisemaker, I have had enough - let it snow, let it snow, let it snow (I sang that part).

On the brighter side, folks attending John Prine Nashville at the Ryman only have 148 more days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...