Monday, October 19, 2009

John Prine - Vancouver

I have returned to the mountain side
after some fairly high class Prineing. What a few days it was.

I met Charlene on Wednesday, as scheduled, in the hotel of the Westin Vancouver, I think she was waiting for me to arrive.

Here is a picture of her Prineing on the jpshrine website.

Notice below the brown chair you will see a white towel with black - that is my Prine Hatch Prine laying down so as I could have John Prine autograph it - you know when I meet him.

I think Charlene feels this may not happen, but I have Prine faith - I know it will. I had found a five cent piece and luck is on my side. Oh, I will not keep you folks in limbo - of course, I met him. Yes, he autographed the Prine Hatch Print and we had our photo taken together. I did not leap at him this time; I was calm, cool, and collected (hahaha).

I am trying to keep my photos and posts in order as they happen. This may or may not happen. I anticipated to received more photos tomorrow to which I shall be posting accordingly. I am having some difficulty in doing this because I have so much Prine to tell everyone.

HighPrineLights - well, let me tell ya - early afternoon I was scouting out our back alley because I knew that is where the road crew would be Prine loading. Charlene stayed up in the room as I scouted. Oh viola! There they are. I ran back up to the hotel - got the elevator - it could not go fast enough and we are on the 31st floor. I opened the door and tell Charlene - they're here! We gotta go, hurry - get your coat. We return to the back alley and I see this fine looking handsome fellow with his back turned to me...I said - Charlene - that is Jason. Then, David Jacques appear. Charlene ventured to speak with Andy, Faddy, and Eric. I ventured towards David Jacques - put out my hand and said, hello David - my name is Bev Traxler, it is a pleasure to meet you. With that, Jason turns and says oh, you email me from time to time (which I do). Charlene took our photo and as mentioned, I will be posting as soon as I receive - perhaps sometime tomorrow.

The back alley became a staple to our visit. Everyone prinein' needs that back alley and then you become a BAG - a back alley girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...