Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Ouch, you SOB!

Yesterday, our seasonal neighbors and I were trotting through the woods. Naturally, I was yapping at the lips and did not notice to where I was walking. There on the forest ground was a fine looking tree branch (a big one) and because I was yapping, not looking, I stepped at the right angle to have the branch break and it strike me just above my eyeball, just below the brow. I cursed out, you S.O.B. Yikers, the blood was spewing everywhere and of course, no one had any kleenex. I grabbed some leaves from a poplar tree, slapped them on the wound and raced on back to the abode.

Noisemaker, he sees me near launch mode and realizes - Houston - we have a problem. It is the blood factor - there is a lot of blood rolling down my face with bug infested poplar leaves on my cheek. A nature beauty queen to say the least.

After cleaning the wound, it is only a small quarter inch dot. I cannot place a band-aid on it because I appear to have allergy to the glue on band-aids. It bled during the hours of darkness, but this morning after a clean up, it is still a dot with only some limited bruising. Kind of looks like a beauty mark, a nature beauty mark.

Another day in Paradise - cooking, cleaning, baking and getting whacked by a tree branch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...