Wednesday, August 26, 2009

It amazes me how stupid I can be. Two days ago, my fine neighbor - you know the fellow - Chris stopped by and told me a sad, sad story of how he had a disagreement with his friend and could no longer do his laundry. He asked if I would do it and he would pay me for it; I agreed. He does have a clothes line so it is only to wash. At this point, I am thinking like normal folk would - a weeks' worth of laundry, yep - I can do it. The foolish, lunatic, idiot (and I shall call myself that for being so stupid) brings two wheelbarrows full of bags of laundry.

Because I had agreed, I did it. For the first time and it will be the last time. He paid me and I told him...never again will this happen. The rest of the comments I made cannot be published.

To move onto the forest fire situation in my province - we were advised that we should not use a chainsaw, nor a lawnmower, nor any outside equipment that could cause a spark. Noisemaker was delighted. Not really, it is so dry here - I am thinking that rice, crackle, pop situation - but it is not cereal, unfortunately. It was Rice Krispies, right?

50 more days to get to Vancouver to see John Prine with Charlene. Unfortunately, still the Olympics get far more coverage. I cannot understand why? The Olympics has forced so many people that were living quite comfortably - out of their apartments (to make way for $$$$). If anyone thinks the Olympics 2010 brings $$$ to my area - think again. In any international city that holds the Olympics - people - the homeless are ..well, you know the word.

Odd as it is, Vancouver is hosting 2010; but also it the poorest postal code in Canada - go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...