Sunday, August 23, 2009

Meet Elduardoe

Elduardoe (elle - do - ar - doe), a gift from my fine neighbor, Chris. He is like a two headed guy made out of glass and he shines in the sun, he sparkles. Chris brought this head to me the other day, I thought - oh lord, what am I going to do. He was being thoughtful so I cleaned the big E up, placed him so where he could have a chest - in the garden, near Lydia. Now she has a friend.

As I way cleaning up Elduardoe, Chris came over. He sees I am cleaning the two headed figure, he asks me what are you going to do with it....I replied, well I will give him a name and put him need Lydia in the garden - Chris - what goes with Lydia. (I was thinking of Donald - but this figure it is no Donald). Chris thought of Albert - nah I said - Albert is common, we need something off the wall. Then a light went off upstairs, I said - Elduardoe.

Now, try and get this picture. It is around 7:30 a.m., I am cleaning a glass head figure, Chris and Noisemaker are preparing to go fishing and Elduardoe hits me. Within a second I thought of ELVIRA by The Oak Ridge Boys. I said - I got his name is Elduardoe and proceed to sing. . .

Elduardoe, Elduardoe
My hearts on fire for Elduardoe

Chris joined in the song and we laughed, giggled big time. Unfortunately, noisemaker finds no laughter in the enjoyment Chris and I are having and spews 'are you finish being children'? I replied, no.....come on Chris, let us go and give Elduardoe his place in the garden. We did singing
Elduardoe, Elduardoe
My hearts on fire for Elduardoe
...we then, changed the words
Elduardoe, Elduardoe
Lydia's heart is on fire for Elduardoe

Noisemaker comes outside - hears us singing away. He is frowning, I said - yep, most people Sunday morning get a sermon, no you get Elduardoe! He could not help but laugh. A good way to start a Sunday morning.

1 comment:

  1. My Big E is no longer keeping Lydia company. The fire patrol paid us a visit last night and we were advised to take the Big E out of the sun. Glass can start a fire and currently we are sitting with near explosion circumstances. Big E is in the shed. Lydia is not happy so I gave her and P for Prine suncatcher, that brighten her day!

    ReplyDelete

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...