Sunday, March 22, 2009

Lone Butte

This is the Lone Butte - you pronounce Butte - beaut. Not but-te or butt. Beaut - as in the first part of Beaut-i-ful!

The Lone Butte is an unusual geological formation whose creation is still a matter for speculation.

Less than a mile from the Butte is our post office, where I receive parcels that do not fit in the rural post box we have near our residence. We live about 50 miles away from the Butte/The Post Office.

Hope you are all enjoying my pictures.
~~geez, she finds something new and just runs with it~~can't catch me now!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you figured out how to upload the pictures.... I would like to see "Our Johnny" do a show on top of that Butte... wouldn't that be a beaut of a show!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I never thought of that! There is a trail going up to the top of the butte. I could rent a mule for the equipment. I could bake up some fried chicken for lunch, brownies. Oh lord, endless possibilities.

    Johnny, can you hear me? and....Reeda...

    ReplyDelete

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...