Sunday, March 22, 2009

2008.07.19

On July 19th, 2008 we attended the wedding ceremony of my nephew. He married a young lady from the Province of Urdu in India. To say the least, Gary and I were educated quickly as to their culture, their beliefs, and their music!

The bottom picture is my nephew and I (not the nephew that was wedding, his brother). I had the job, with love, of placing the boutineers on the fellows in the wedding party. The wedding took place at the Temple - women have to cover their heads, hence the pink wrap you see.

The picture below is just prior to the western style reception, oh, it was great fun. I am not a dress up person, I do not wear high heels well. However, my nephew (hopefully) only weds once - so dress up was in order.

About halfway into the dance segment of the reception, I said to myself - to hell with this - I cannot dance, I cannot wear these shoes from hell - I am going to change. I went upstairs and decked myself out in my finest John Prine t-shirt, blue jeans, mocassins and went to dance. The picture is of yours truly, dancing with my brother (the letter carrier/the John Prine Fan, not the father of the groom), it was great moments~a great day!

As this must be for you folks. Let me introduce myself - my name is Beverlee.






No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...