Sunday, March 22, 2009

Glorious, Glorious Wood

Oh Lordy, now that I have the saving and uploading of picture knowledge, I am going to be picturing forever. (I had to look up picturing to make certain it is an actual word - it is).
This is last years wood pile. Four deep and approximately at mid 6 feet high. Prior to the wood reaching this stage; the trees are dropped, bucked, and split. All the branches go to the fire pit. The wood is stacked as such in the picture. After it has seasoned, usually over the winter, it is loaded into the woodshed. Generally speaking you always have a two year supply of wood. We are considerably less this year and will probably have to call for help with the woodchopping. My stepsons are good at tree dropping, bucking, and splitting. I do not partake in those tasks. I do a bit of stacking but because of my height I cannot go very high. See, there is a benefit to being on the side of short ~ you do not have to stack much wood!

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...