Sunday, February 15, 2009

Spring Is Just A Smile Away-Click Your Heals!

ok, let us get on with Easter. I like Easter it makes you feel like spring is here - if the calendar has Easter in April. If the calendar has it in March well, we will still have snow - which constitutes to making very colorful eggs.

Not much is new on the side of the mountain. The community held a Valentines' Dance last night; I am quite certain all had a big heart time! My wonderful neighbor graced our home this morning, god help me! I swear one day I am going to stand on a chair and knock him silly with a 2 X 4. He is the biggest parasite on earth. I do hate to use the word 'parasite' because it is very close to the spelling of Paradise. My favorite John Prine song.

Paradise, by John Prine reminds me of how I grew up. My Mom and Dad would load up the sedan delivery and we would travel west, to visit my Dad's brother and wife/family. We had such fun!

Along the way, we would pass through, Lejac - a native school. In British Columbia (several years back) the government of the day rounded up all the children of the natives to British Columbia and brought them to Lejac. It was a sad, fallen situation - then - as it is now.

The sedan delivery proved to be a great buy for my Dad. Mom and Dad would load us kids up on a Saturday night and head off to the drive in movie. I loved those drive in movies. Mom, every Saturday morning would grocery shop, she always bought a six pack of cokes. We were permitted to two cokes each.

Good Grief, I recall one day when I went shopping with my Mom. Garter Belts were still in fashion. My problem, was I did not have hips for a garter belt. My Mom, she fashioned me one out of garters from her girdle. Wow - I was a scene of fashion with my new stockings (dazzling diamonds). We entered the store and kerpow!!! The newly fashion garter belt gave way! My stockings fell to my ankles. (Major redface - and oh - what the 'f' has happened to me - why was I born short). I picked up my garters, pulled the diamond stockings over my knees and ran like hell!

It is a fond, loving memory - a shopping trip - I never will forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...