Friday, February 13, 2009

It's A Very Moose Mornin'

When I went outside early this morning for my coffee and cigarette, I noticed some dark shadow up near the roadway. I could not hear anything; heck, I could barely see anything, so I came back into the house. I waited until more daylight appeared but I kept thinking to myself, what the heck is it *peeking out the window - still seeing that shadow*. As daylight approached, I thought, oh it is two quads, maybe someone is poaching (they do that here). I went back outside only to realize, I am looking at a big horkin' moose. Yikers, I quietly moved back to the house. I watched that lady moose quite some time. Then I hear my husband flicking the venetian blinds, he says hey, there is a moose out here. I replied, yep - you should see this big baby out back. The lady moose stood up - my word - she had to have been 8', as graceful and majestic as you would expect. Both the calf and the mom had a delicious breakfast of twigs and dried berries before they left on their merry moose way. Oh, yes - just prior to leaving mother moose decided to leave a special hearts day present for us. Happy Friday, the terdteenth.

1 comment:

  1. How many folks are lucky enough to receive a valentine that's hot and steamy!

    ReplyDelete

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...