Wednesday, February 18, 2009

2009.02.19 - Special Day

February 19th is a special day. One of my followers, Skunkeye, it's her birthday. In honor - here are her John Prine Stoned Angels. Happy Birthday Skunkeye!

For those of vision impairment - click on it - it'll make it bigger.

February 19th is also the day that the President of the USA comes to visit my country, Canada. Too bad, he cannot come to the beautiful province of British Columbia but good that he will pay us a visit, just the same. I suspect in 2010 President Obama will attend the Olympics in Vancouver, B.C. The closest I will see him will be on the television set.

Vancouver is very expensive to visit or to live. I lived in a surburb of Vancouver for near ten years. I quite enjoyed it - I had great neighbors and if John Prine, Neil Young, or Bruce Springsteen was to pay a visit to Vancouver - I'd just catch the train and like magic there I would be - toe tappin' - head noddin'.

Prior to 2010 in Vancouver the hotels will be jacking their prices to the point where the middle class will not be able to afford. A dumpster bucket in the East End will cost you $500.00. Geez, come to think of it - maybe that is the way of the world - to wipe out the middle class, the working people - Joe and Mary Six Pack.

I was reading on the news today whereby, Vancouver has now become the capital of gang shootings in Canada. So if anyone is going to visit metro Vancouver - wear a heavy duty padded bra or a vest that cannot be penatrated by a bullet.

We do not have a gang problem on the side of the mountain. It is very peaceful. All we have is wildlife and at times - let me tell you - I fit right in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...