Saturday, February 21, 2009

Florida John, Bruce, Gary - Waiting On A Lucky Day

I cannot believe how a minute can almost change ones' life. Yesterday, we had to drive to the city because the unit of spouse had two doctors appointments, results were received. The results were not good. My husband, Gary, is sitting with a bulge in his aorta. Serious, very serious. The best way I can describe is to compare it to a tire. When a tire has a bulge, it is only time before the tire bursts. I wish it was as simple as taking the body to a tire shop and having it repaired. But it is not. Surgery will be performed as soon as a bed is available and we await to receive a telephone call from the surgeon in charge. Amazing, when you live rural, a surgeon does call you! I'll believe that when I hear some person telling me, I am Surgeon In Charge. I hope for the best, it is all can do. It is sad, tears come and go.

On a brighter note, I received a parcel from one of my John Prine friends in Florida, Florida John. Such a gentleman, he is. There I am opening parcels, crying over Gary, then I cry over what the parcel contained. There was a book, it is like the bible of Bruce Springsteen. You turn a page and there is pocket - there are surprises in the pocket - a napkin, backstage passes.

The parcels are all wrapped up in christmas papers, an odd near square one took my fancy. I ripped opened. My heart, flutters, it is Bruce Springsteen. More tears. Working On A Dream - the cd.

I am thankful for friends ~ more than you know friends ~ more than you know. Thank you.


May the hinges of the gates of friendship never grow rusty. You could well be my Lucky Day!

2 comments:

  1. Praying for Gary, his family and friends. Doctors are very, very good at what they do. Put on your special glasses and you'll see they've got wings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right Bev - those wings are fluttering around you all the time - whether you can see them or not - and so are the prayers of your wing-nut friends. We're all with you.

    ReplyDelete

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...