Saturday, July 16, 2016

John Prine ~ Vancouver ~ 2016/July ~ Incidentals. . .

My recent departure off this cursed mountain side to see John Prine in Vancouver, British Columbia has somewhat made me come to see a light bulb...ideas ~ possibilities ~ and being thankful.

In honestly is not too harsh in living here compared to the lower mainland of my beautiful province.  I have fresh air to take in, my air does not contain any smog, and people wave/stop/chat say hello in there.  There is no noise, it is calm and peaceful - I live near a lake and our home banks on a creek.

Yes, the winters are long, I must start to think of winter activities to partake in - soon!  I knit, I participate in community events and fundraisers.

Yes, I made knitting this Prine go-a-round for the ladies of the artists - the Mrs. of Prine/Jacques/Wilber.  I hope they all find a smile in homemade gifts.  It is a pleasure to make homemade gifts.

Destination Vancouver - you will be told to the hotel to which you stay - do not wear anything that will attract people of the undesirable nature to you.  That translates to women wearing big diamonds, men wear jerseys/hockey jackets.  It is best to leave that all at home.

I have know this for many a year, so yes, my wedding rings, etc., were removed before I left the mountain side.  geez, what a nice way to have to live. . .

Upon a very late arrival to my destination, I was greeted by fair skies and the anticipation of Prine the following day weighed heavy on my mind.  Would everything go right - would something go sideways (if so, what is my back up plan - smucksville?).

All did go relatively well, as planned, and my security was good.  My mind was not so secure in walking the streets near my hotel.  

I did good.  I made it off the mountain side and returned safely ~ without getting robbed, raped, or murdered.  

As for the Venue of Prine - Vogue - Vancouver - excellent.  The sound was great.  Seating not so great - to the four tall guys that sat in front of me...smucksville, you made me 'one sit leg' throughout the entire concert.  I loved how you chatted with your heads touching each other.  If I had my flingers, I would have tapped you on the head and said...buddies - let us break this up...short people are behind you.  I did not have flingers, but I did briefly stand up and knock the shoulders...like get it you fn lunactics -  lol.

Glad to see John Prine again, very glad.  I do not see in my future this will happen again...this was my last Prine Merry-Go-Round.  John will be celebrating his 70th birthday this year in October.  As will my Noisemaker...yikers, he will be 70 this month.

Best wishes to both.  All The Best to my Noisemaker and John Prine.





No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...