Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Winter Sucks!

I find it somewhat amusing that with no pictures on this blog - nobody comes to visit.  Hence, how pictures can say more that words.


I must get with the picture and install google chrome and proceed. 


Oh my, it was a very cold morning here - we had -30 this morning, that was at 2:00 a.m.  At 6:00 a.m. it was -35. 


During the dark hours our power was surging - off and on.  We finally got up and thought about how we would handle a power outage at -30.  Yikers.  The plan is in place. 


In this rural area of British Columbia, some years back the power was out for 11 days in the dead of winter.  Many of the elderly folks went to the city, others just buck it and plodded on.


No question it is a hard place to live - especially in the winter months.  You do rather feel like you are trapped on in. 


I had thought this year to join on up to the exercise class.  I needed to have running shoes - indoor shoes.  When we went to the village, - well, - eh on up and guess - no, damn running shoes to be had!  I was so frustrated, I near packed my pack and hit the trail of opportunity.


I hope in the spring to get to the city, buy some footwear - including winter boots for next year - teehee and proceed with life on the mountain side.


...and how is your day going...


spring is just a smile away
...john prine...

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...