Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mothers' Day

Carnations - one of my favorite flowers.
 
Major wind storm outside today, my word.  I was out walking and decided I best hustle on back home as I was having some difficulty walking against the wind.  When I came down the driveway, I looked over to Lydia.  Good grief, she had lost her Prine and her hands.  I found both hands, but it took me awhile to locate the Prine.  The Prine suncatcher is now the PR NE suncatcher, it losts the I of Prine.  Lydia and I cackled and then did some more cackling.  I got her hands back on, all was well.  I turned to go into the house and sailing through the wind comes my cow heart.  I put the cow heart in a safe place until the wind cuts back. 
 
I thought I best check my garden containers, see if the all the suncatchers were still in standing order.  They were; they only needed slight altering, to which I tended to.  Well, smucksville a great gust of wind came and those crazy suncatchers got all tangled up with me.  Then, low and behold - out comes Noisemaker.  He sees the suncatchers (he calls them flashers) all wrapped in my hair, my hands are a-wavin', I'm giggling.  He yells over to me, are you okay?  Yes, yes, I replied, but the wind - oh Gary...and Lydia lost her hands, her Prine has no I...he shook his head and said, I won't bother to ask.  I laughed and I'm still cackling.  Some days are just so good for laughing, cackling, and giggling!

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...